Our Story


The origin of Cross Connection began in 1953 with 10 founding members. The church was named West Kingsport Church of God under the leadership and vision of Pastors George and Edith McGuire. This small yet dedicated congregation met in storefront locations in Kingsport until they hand-built their first church on Virgil Avenue.

In 1978, due to city growth and highway expansions, the church relocated to its existing site located at 644 Granby Road. The church has always been blessed with committed, spirit-led and loving families. Its goal has always been to preach the Word of God and follow the vision and mandate of saving souls.

Expanding the vision...

The church has been led by seven visionary pastors:
George McGuire: 1953 – 1980  West Kingsport Church of God
Larry Knowles: 1980 – 1992  Logos Family Worship Center
Jerry Northam: 1992 – 2006  New Life Church of God
Larry Winters: 2006 – 2013  New Life Church of God
Robbie Crisp: 2014 – 2017  Cross Connection
Phil Harris: 2017 – 2022  Cross Connection
David Sulcer: 2022 – Present  Cross Connection

Be a part of our story...

Join us every Sunday as we gather to worship together at 11 am.